It was about this time last year when we came up with the idea to do a podcast event dedicated to supporting and celebrating the incredible podcaster community in the North of England.
Fast forward twelve months and our founder Vic Turnbull, alongside Audio Industry expert Kate Cocker and pro Podcast Producer Ant McGinley are booking speakers and getting bums on seats for ‘Pods Up North’, the North’s first event dedicated to bringing together and bigging up the skills of the region’s podcasting community! We’ve also got the lovely Charles Commins on the team (who some of you may know from MIC meetups), the delightful Fran Rooke and MayKingTea from FOMO – who’s going to be reporting on our day in glorious, full colour social media.
So, this utter madness is called Pods Up North and it’s is a one day event to celebrate and support podcast makers.
It’s in Manchester on 23rd November at the awesome Federation.
The first event of it’s kind upp North, Pods Up North brings together the super talented and diverse podcast community for a day packed-full of panel discussions, workshops and talks with top speakers from across the audio world, including BBC, Spotify, Social Chain and Audio Boom and international, award-winning podcasts like the Two Shot Pod and The Naked Podcast.
Honestly we’re so chuffed to bits with the speakers that we’ve got for you.
From getting listeners to making money, you’ll learn the latest techniques, get insider-industry advice, learn some killer new skills and meet other awesome, podcasters. All with the aim helping you to create and continue to produce great podcasts.
Who’s it for?
You don’t even have to have a podcast to come to Pods Up North. We’ve designed the day to be for podcasters of all levels. So whether you’re just starting out, or you want to discover how to take your podcast to the next level, Pods Up North is the event for podcasters you don’t want to miss.
- building your audience
- starting a podcast from scratch
- making the most out of your content
- personal branding
- how to put on a live show
- understanding listener statistics
- booking guests
- putting on a live show
- how to be a great presenter
- and much, much more…
Speakers confirmed include
(look, just look at these lot 😍)
- Jonathan Wall – Controller of BBC Sounds
- Craig Parkinson – Two Shot Pod
- Katy Leeson – Managing Director of Social Chain
- Colin Gray – The Podcast Host
- James Barr – Gay and a Non Gay Podcast
- Natalie Silverman – The Fertility Podcast
- Amy Woods – Content 10x
- Hywel Evans – The Box Set Pod
- Matt Deegan – Folder Media, UK Podcast Awards
- Mike Newman – Head of UK Content Partnerships, Audioboom
- Kieran McKeefery – Co-founder & CTO, Rebel Base Media
- Kat Harbourne & Jenny Eella – The Naked Podcast
- Jim Salveson – On The Left Side Podcast & XS Manchester
- Councillor Luthfur Rahman – Executive Member for Skills, Culture & Leisure for Manchester City Council
- Clare Freeman – ASFB Productions
- Mike Cunsolo – Podcast.co
- More to be confirmed soon!
Tell me how to get a ticket then, I’ve read this far!
Ok! Read more about all of our speakers AND book your ticket here
We’re seriously so looking forward to seeing you in Manchester on the 23rd November.